So, its time for something new. At the first of may 2016, i’am starting as a freelancer. I’m available as IT Architect / Technical Architect, with strong focus on Citrix, Microsoft, VMWare, AirWatch. Overall knowledge of networking & storage. Also available for Consultant/Engineer roles.
Hi, out of the box problems with XenMobile and the MicroVPN feature?
Getting error message’s like” The VPN Service has failed to connect. You must connect to the VPN to continue….” when trying to use Worx Apps or Custom Wrapped Apps? (MDX)
Worx/MDX App is utilizing MicroVPN mode?
The Solution: You need to allow access from clients in VPN tunnel to LAN applications/subnets.
Navigate to Netscaler>Netscaler Gateway> Resources > Intranet Application.
Add a ‘Intranet Application’ or whole subnet. Steps:
- Give it a name AppXYZ or WebServer Subnet
- Protocol = ANY (or select TCP/UDP if you want to narrow the scope)
- IP address = IP of the app on server. Or add a Range like, 10.1.2.0
- Port = Leave empty (or fill in, if you want to narrow the scope)
- Netmask = 255.255.225.225 for IP and for example 255.255.255.0 for whole subnet. CIDR /24
Now you need to bind this ‘Intranet Application’ to the Netscaler Gateway – Virtual Server.
Navigate to Netscaler>Netscaler Gateway>Virtual Servers.
- Select the virtual server for XenMobile (MAM)
- Click edit
- From the right, add ‘Intranet Applications’
- Click No Intranet Applications (to add a new one, strange, not?!)
- Select the Intranet Application created earlier
- Click ‘Bind’
- Click Done
Presto!! Now end users via WorxWeb or WorxMail or custom wrapped app can access the ‘intranet application’ or subnet, IP Range or Network you have just created and bound.
(this also counts for regular Netscaler Gateway Full VPN virtual servers. // Universal Access Gateway)
Lots of luck,